Rectangular parcel fronting on East First Street and Broadway, 60' 245 , N 1/8 of Sonoma City Lot 61.
1840s: Hendry and Bowman show the W.W. Scott Aobe Dwelling, built about 1846, located in the south 1/3 of Lot 61 (1940:153). This adobe is standing and~ is located within the Sonoma Plaza National Historic Landmark District on AP 18-212-20 (579 East First Street), outside of the project area. It is currently known as the Nash-Patton Adobe, and listed as State Landmark 667.
Dec, 1, 1846: William W. Scott purchased Lot 61 for $9.25 with the provision that he build a house and have the lot fenced within one year ( Acalde Book A:334).
1847: Both H.A.
Green and W.W. Scott claim Lot 61. Green reportedly built the adobe and
lived in it, although Scott's title was eventually declared the valid
one (Alexander 1986:46-47; Hendry and Bowman 1940:203-204), Name
"Nash-Patton" comes from local tradition which places alcalde Nash's
1847 arrest in this dwelling and from Nancy Bones Patton, who lived in the adobe in the 1850s (Alexander 1986:47).